Designated an “American Treasure” by the National Park Service, the Days of ‘76 Museum houses one of the nation’s most significant collections of American Western history. That is why so many local, regional and national donors have come together to fund a new home for these artifacts.
Construction of the new museum facility is completed and the facility opened in June, 2012. End of the story? Not by a long shot. We’re just beginning.
A world-class collection needs more than a world-class building: it also needs world-class exhibits to help us tell their story. We’re asking for your support to do just that. The staff and countless volunteers at the Days of ‘76 Museum are working with exhibit designers, conservators and professionals from across the country to create a comprehensive exhibit plan that will tell our compelling human story for the first time, in a way told nowhere else. With your financial support, we can make that plan a reality.
Please join the growing list of people who are helping to preserve the history of Deadwood, the Black Hills and the American West. The Days of ’76 Museum is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization, and contributions are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law.
- Contribution Levels
- $1 - $99: A personal invitation to our grand opening gala.
- $100 - $499: The above; plus recognition in our Grand Opening program.
- $500 - $999: all of the above; plus a personal invitation to a private Donor’s Preview Reception, and verbal recognition at the Grand Opening Gala.
- $1000 - $2500: all of the above; plus a place of honor on our permanent Donor Wall in the new museum
- $2500 +: For information on naming opportunities, please contact Mary Kopco at (605)722-4800. Pledges and gifts paid in installments are welcome.
To make a secure donation online, please click the DONATE button.
If you wish to make a donation by regular mail, please use this donation form - DOWNLOAD Donation Form PDF. Mail this form and your check to:
Days of ’76 Museum - Donations
P.O. Box 252
Deadwood, SD 57732.
Thank you for your genereous support.